Clarity and consistency are the hallmarks of great communication. When we communicate with our team or customers and clients, we need to ensure our message is consistent across the organisation.
Here are 6 points to consider:
- The foundation is the core of your business. It consists of your:
- Vision – Is where you want to be, it’s often aspirational.
- Values – These are your guiding principles and behaviour standards. These shape your culture.
- Mission – Describes what you do, how you do it, and why you are different.
- What is your objective with this communication?
- What is the result you a looking for?
- What do you want your audience to Do Say Think Feel?
- Who is this communication for?
- What are their expectations?
- How does this information help them?
- What is their experience, knowledge, and expectations?
- Is this important?
- Should they care?
- Do they need to pay attention?
- Why you, why now?
- What channels will you use?
- How will you get buy-in?
- How will they access the information they need?
- How will you make it stick?
- Is your communication consistent with your company branding?
- Does it align with your company identity and amplify your foundation values?
- Is it memorable and share-worthy?
We communicate in many ways and through multiple channels. Spending a little time examining the what, where, why, and who will ensure you are getting the right message to the right people with clarity and consistency.